iOS Annotation Colours Save Differently Than Created

D818986991

This one is a bit inconsistent and hard to capture. I noticed it when I revisited some annotated documents and all the highlights had reverted to yellow.

The above debug log I got lucky and captured it right away. I started by switching Highlight annotation colours to Pink, then created 3 annotations. Then I switched to Area and changed colour to Red, and created 3 more. Visually they appeared as pink and red in the document but they appeared as yellow (highlight) and purple (area) in the annotations pane. In the debug I correct the areas before ending the output.

The “wrong” colours as they appear in the annotations pane are how they are ultimately saved unless I correct them. Leaving the document and returning switches the colour as seen in the document to match the “wrong” colour saved in the annotations pane. Other devices see the “wrong” colours.

Rarely, the document will crash and exit to the front page while correcting a text highlights colour but I haven’t been able to capture one of these yet. When this happens, I sometimes lose the last one or two annotations or corrections made.