Report ID: 1013953894

edited October 27, 2023
(Sorry, but the error report generated automatically is pretty useless.)

I made some changes to a multi-file document I was working on, ran 'biber' and then 'lualatex'. Although 'References.bib' is written out completely, Zotero never returns and the Exporting popup continues to display "Exporting items..."

I'm happy to supply information as needed.

P.S. I remember trying the beta version a while back, and I had some problems that I don't recall. Reverting to v6 might also have been problematic. Unfortunately, I absolutely cannot afford to try v70-beta,run into problems,and run into problems reverting, so I can't test v7. I'm happy to try after Thanksgiving.
  • edited October 27, 2023
    I'm not sure what you're reporting here — we'd need an actual description of what you're doing in Zotero. biber and lualatex don't have anything to do with Zotero, so I'm not sure why you're mentioning those.
  • Well, let's see ... I was exporting a bibliography using Zotero using the Export Library menu item. It asks for a format, I chose "Better BibLaTeX' which is what biber ingests. For completeness, I mentioned that I use lualatex to process the output of biber which processes the *.bib file that Zotero produces.

Steps to reproduce?
    1. Open Zotero on Linux.
    2. Export Library...
    3. Choose "Better BibLaTeX' as the format.
    4. [This is new info] Select 'Keep updated'.
    5. Zotero now spins endlessly with a popup which says "Exporting items..." using 100% of one of my cores.

inxi -S =>
    System:
    Host: xxxxxxx Kernel: 6.5.7-arch1-1 arch: x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: Xfce
    v: 4.18.1 Distro: Arch Linux
  • For plugin problems, you'll need to contact the plugin developer.