Openoffice portable 3.1.1 & Openoffice plugin 3.0a6

Hello, I cannot install the plugin 3.0a6 in openoffice portable 3.1.1. Everytime I try to do so I get this message:

"Zotero OpenOffice Integration could not complete installation because an error occurred. Please ensure that OpenOffice is closed, then restart Firefox."

Anyone solved this? Thank you very much.
  • Same error message for me, using:

OpenOffice Portable 3.1.1
    Firefox Portable 3.6
    Zotero 2.0rc2
    Plugin 3.0a6
    Java Portable 6

I suspect this is some combination of mixed up profiles and / or java paths. I'll keep looking for a solution, as I need this to work at work, where we can't install software to the system (no admin rights).
  • First thing I'd check as you're using Firefox 3.6 is that you're using the right Java.
    Do you see the pink rectangle when you go here:

http://www.javatester.org/version.html
  • sos
    edited February 11, 2010
    The Java isn't working properly. Sadly it seems firefox portable doesn't play nice with portable java.

FWIW I also had to install official sun jre (u18), rather than openjdk, to get things working again on my Arch Linux setup with the same versions as above (except not portable). Not sure if this was a FF 3.6 problem or not.
  • It is a Firefox issue. Have a look at this

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/10720/getting-java-to-work-in-firefox-36-on-ubuntu-karmic-koala/#Item_4

and FBennet's solution. Any particular reason you're using Firefox 3.6? I'd have a go with 3.5.7 as that should play nicer until portable java catches up.
  • I've got the pink triangle so Java seems ok. Am using OOo 3.2.1 and trying to install Zotero add on 3.ob2 but keep getting "Zotero OpenOffice Integration could not complete installation because an error occurred. Please ensure that OpenOffice is closed, and then restart Firefox."

Zotero error report: 915120254
  • You need to set your OpenOffice.org paths appropriately in Tools->Add-ons->Zotero OpenOffice Integration->Preferences. First try clicking the "Detect Paths" button there. You should get a dialog asking you to locate the directory where OOo Portable is installed. If that doesn't work, you can try these instructions, although they're primarily intended for Linux users. You should also make sure that Java is appropriately configured within OpenOffice.org.