Google Doc is cycling

I have been adding citations to a ~90 page doc for most of today. Usually it was taking 20-30 seconds to enter each citation. However, as of about 3.5 hours ago, my citations stopped working. Whenever I enter a citation, it looks like the zotero is searching the google doc for periods, and it slowly worked its way through the document. It did this for 45 minutes before getting all the way through and starting over. My Debug code is D1141336098. What can I do to get this working again?
  • Whenever I enter a citation, it looks like the zotero is searching the google doc for periods
    What do you mean by that?

@adomasven can probably say more, but it looks like you have a citation (for an item beginning with "How Big…") that was changed in the document to a period by mistake. It should be prompting you whether you want to keep that change (and you shouldn't), so check whether there's a window behind your main Zotero window, but it's possible that's not happening. If you know where that citation would be in the document, you can try deleting and reinserting it. (It's much harder to find Zotero citations in a Google Doc than in Word, where you can toggle field codes, so you could also try moving the document to Word and fixing this there.)
  • @a.shingal Dan is correct in what is happening -- you have a citation that was replaced by a "." (period). Zotero is trying to highlight the citation, but in Google Docs that means inspecting every single period in your document to find the one that is the citation, which produces the behavior you're seeing.