iOS app not displaying notes embed into highlights

Hi, I’m having a problem with the iOS app. My note taking workflow is to read pdf’s on the iPad so that I can highlight text and jot down thoughts attached to the different colour highlights. However, after I’ve made these notes they disappear in the app once I load a different pdf. The note place holder is there but no text. The text is viewable on the desktop app after it has synced. I have tried deleting the app and re syncing but it still persists. This happens on old notes as well as new ones taken on my iPad. Any ideas?
  • Can you take a screenshot that shows what you're referring to, upload it somewhere (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.), and provide a link here?
  • @Kevin1980 this issue should be fixed in the next release. Can you please join the beta and let us know if it still occurs in your case? Thanks
  • Hi, I have downloaded the latest beta which has fixed this issue, thank you so much for the quick response! However, a new error message has popped up to do with syncing which I have screenshotted below. It says there is a sync issue with a particular reference. If i click on details it takes me to the reference but I have no idea what to action to take from here as there are multiple attachments on this entry. Sorry to be a pain!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FsUACstXJR4h53_Id-82cBWkTc8P-6n3?usp=sharing
  • If you input the key you see in the alert in the desktop Zotero app, you should see the exact attachment highlighted (this search functionality is not yet implemented in iOS). If this is not feasible, e.g. because this item was never synced with all current attachments to the desktop app, you 'll have to go through each attachment.

In the attachment you need to find if there is one or more annotations that have a very large page label, more than 40 characters, and change their page label to one with a smaller length.

Then try to sync again.

Please let us know if the issue was resolved.
  • Hi, the file wasn’t on the desktop but I followed your advice and found the culprit. It was a flattened PDF where there was no OCR embedded on the text image. (Hate it when journals do that). I had hand drawn a circle around a word and that for some reason had caused a long page label. Changed that, which caused the app to crash (I did send the log through app reporting) but when I reopened the app everything synced perfect and has work perfect since. Thank you so much for your help and support.
  • OK, great. We'll fix it to better handle this in a future version.