Refer to another entry in the bibliography

I've sometime bibliographies with items as follow:

/a/ author, title, date, institution
/b/ author, comment to /a/, date, institution
/c/ author, title, date, institution
/d/ author, comment to /c/, date, institution

Is it possible to do such citations with Zotero?
  • Maybe.
    Can you provide a specific example with actual names and titles, or a link to such a bibliography?
  • edited January 28, 2010
    The bibliographies I mentioned are as following:

Bibliography:

/1/ HPC, Report about the ground water monitoring during March of 2009, May, 12. 2009, HPC Ltd.
    /2/ USR, Review to /1/, June, 13, 2009, USR Ltd.

Naturally I can store a full length title in Zotero and use bibliography items as

/2/ USR, Review to "Report about the ground water monitoring during March of 2009, May, 12. 2009, HPC Ltd.", June, 13, 2009, USR Ltd.

but I'd like to prefer the first option. But then I have to link to another item in the bibliography database to format the title depending on the actual citation number.
  • Something along these lines will be possible with CSL 1.0. It's not currently, not even approximately.
  • So I'm afraid that I've to wait some time. Are there any informations about (timeline) plans to the CSL 1.0 version?
  • edited January 28, 2010
    Crossrefs inside the bibliography isn't possible with CSL 1.0 either, as far as i know. While working on the processor that runs on it, i did have contact from Zotero, though, with a heads-up about the future need for this feature. It's not a simple thing to do, but the processor can definitely be adapted to support it when the necessary hints become available in the data fed to it from Zotero.

For the timeline to CSL 1.0, it seems likely to begin emerging within this year. Support for bib cross-referencing may be further down the road (note: I don't work directly for Zotero, so take that with a grain of salt: it's just a guess on my part).