Some issues with localization

Hi, I am not sure if it belongs here, but BabelZilla forum seems to be unmonitored and you guys like keep everything in one place...

RC2 introduced some new strings which are not yet in BabelZilla but that is probably not news for you, still I would like to ask about something.

When submitting an error, after report is sent a dialog appears with title "Completing the Zotero" Well, it does not make any sense to me to have such title but what is worse, string pair for translating this was in BZ in the past (because I localized it), but now when I wanted to change it into something more meaningful I cannot find the string. Is it possible it dropped out? Can not it be removed altogether anyway (bar title Zotero is sufficient)?

In "About Zotero" there is a long-time forgotten string "community support" which I am also unable to find but maybe I am overlooking badly.

"Display all tags in this library" - well I don't remember if this was localizable in the past, but I have some feeling it was, but now it is only English or if you can hint me where to look.

There are more, but some introduced just recently, so I am sure you guys know about them. If not, I can post a complete list.

Thx.
  • When submitting an error, after report is sent a dialog appears with title "Completing the Zotero" Well, it does not make any sense to me to have such title but what is worse, string pair for translating this was in BZ in the past (because I localized it), but now when I wanted to change it into something more meaningful I cannot find the string.
    I doubt you localized this, since it's a platform-specific Mozilla string, not a Zotero string. We just discovered this the other day for the upgrade wizard, where we removed it. I've just made the same change to the error reporting wizard.
    There are more, but some introduced just recently, so I am sure you guys know about them.
    Yes, all hard-coded strings in the codebase are marked with "TODO: localize". Some we just haven't gotten to, but in many cases it's just because we've been unsure whether the current text is going to remain in place.
  • I doubt you localized this, since it's a platform-specific Mozilla string, not a Zotero string. We just discovered this the other day for the upgrade wizard, where we removed it. I've just made the same change to the error reporting wizard.
    Sure, I thought I localized it because it was speaking to me in Slovak in the localized version. So I started loooking for it in the strings and was frustrated with my inability to find it ;-)
    Yes, all hard-coded strings in the codebase are marked with "TODO: localize". Some we just haven't gotten to, but in many cases it's just because we've been unsure whether the current text is going to remain in place.
    It's no problem, that is "cosmetics". I was only worried because BabelZilla betrayed us by pre-filling a lot of new strings with English copies making them tricky not to overlook.