[Z7 Beta] Ctrl+C copies whole annotation instead of selected text

Hi all,

while using the current beta (7.0.0-beta.44+64a78412c) I've encountered the following problem; to reproduce
1. Select an annotation in the reader pane.
2. Double click the annotation in the annotation pane to edit it and highlight a single word. Press Ctrl+C.
3. Move the cursor somewhere else in the annotation and press Ctr.+V

Expected behaviour: The highlighted word is pasted.
Actual behaviour: The whole note (including the citation) is pasted. I assume that is because the reader pane "captures" the Ctrl+C press.

The problem does not occur when the annotation is first selected in the annotation pane instead of the reader pane.
  • Weird. This was fixed 1.5 month ago, and I can't reproduce this as well (on macOS).

If you are using plugins try to disable them and let us know if that helps.
  • I'm on version 7.0.0-beta.44+64a78412c (64-bit) on Linux and do not have any plugins installed. The problem occurs every time I follow the steps outlined above.
  • edited October 11, 2023
    I can reproduce either on Ubuntu 22.04.3 (Zotero 7.0.0-beta.44) or on macOS Ventura (Zotero 7.0.0-beta.45). No plugin installed.

The important point is to first select the annotation in the reader pane, as said by the OP. If we select directly the annotation in the Annotations pane, as also mentioned by the OP, it works as expected.
  • @samvimes @poettli Thanks for helping to reproduce the issue. It should be fixed in the next update.
  • Perfect, thank you!