[Z7 Beta] Adding book from muse adds every single chapter as a pdf file

Hi all,
I just tried to add a book from Muse (https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/186/monograph/book/1461) to Zotero and was surprised to see that the connector started downloading every single chapter as a single attachment to the parent item. I assume that's a result of Muse not allowing to download the whole book in a single PDF but the current solution also does not seem optimal for me for the following reasons:

* downloading every single chapter takes quite a while
* in the Zotero interface the attachments are sorted alphabetically after their titles, not in the order they appear in the book

I'm not sure what the perfect solution would be (perhaps concatenating all the pdfs?) but I think for the time being it would help to add least add chapter numbers to the file (001_Cover, 002_Introduction, etc.) so that the order of the book remains correct in the interface, if that's possible in the translator.
  • edited September 27, 2023
    The Muse translator returns an error for me on that page:
    Translate: Translation using Project MUSE failed:
    TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'includes')
    Debug ID: D260951053

Then it uses the Embedded Metadata translator.
  • @mjthoraval: Thanks, I've created an issue for that error. We'll look into it.

@samvimes: Good point. We don't have any way to concatenate PDFs from a translator, but I agree that you don't normally expect to have 30 PDFs attached when you save a single book. We could consider showing a Select Items dialog that lets you save one or more sections (with PDFs) or the whole book (no PDF), or keeping it as is but prepending a chapter number. I've opened an issue for further discussion.
  • Also, if anyone has an example of a Project Muse book with a full-book PDF, please let me know.
  • @ZoeCMa, here is a Project Muse book page with the option for full-book PDF download https://muse.jhu.edu/pub/187/edited_volume/book/62707

But it still defaults to importing individual chapters. I'm using Zotero 6, so maybe the 7 beta offers the option.

(fwiw, I find it helpful that the Chrome connector automatically imports the chapters.)