Jurism and macOS Sonoma

It seems Jurism is not compatible with macOS Sonoma, it crashed when I tried to add a citation. This is probably because Jurism is still on 6.0.22 and Sonoma compatibility seems to be only introduced in 6.0.27.

Is there a workaround or a way to patch this, or will I have to downgrade again?
  • edited October 1, 2023
    You should probably direct your inquiry and support requests directly to the Juris-M Project: https://juris-m.github.io/#

edit: Sorry about my earlier post. I was typing on my iPad and the latest iOS did ridiculous "corrections" to j u r i s - m. [I've added it to my dictionary.]

edit-2: Juris-M started as a separate and significantly modified version of Zotero (multilingual Zotero). As the program became more different it was re-labeled as Juris-M. It has several very nice features around works in one language with translations in another. It is mainly for users who need to cite legal documents from (and for) many different jurisdictions. Thus, support for Juris-M on this forum is quite limited. I still use it occasionally but only because of its multilingual features. I've never used it to cite anything but only for capturing and exporting articles with authors with non-Roman characters for their names and also their names in Roman characters.
  • Thanks. Unfortunately the delay in Jurism updates is a recurring issue. Jurism is currently on Zotero 6.0.22 which was released on 22 February 2023, so no updates in the last eight months. At my institution, we rely on Jurism; it’s fine if it’s a few versions behind Zotero, but if it is incompatible with the most recent version of the OS, it should be fixed immediately. It’s a big problem for us because switching to regular Zotero is inconvenient for legal research.
  • FYI, I have a totally unofficial workaround to fix this issue for Juris-M on Sonoma. It may offer temporary relief until the Juris-M developer is able to offer an official update. I've put details here if anyone else wants to try it out: https://gist.github.com/bblackham/42d8ec4ec8ae04852fecc513357fadcb