Help finding or creating a particular citation style: author-date only in footnotes
I am completing a large writing project (a book) with 600+ citations. So far, I have been using the Chicago note style with the MS Word Zotero plug-in. What I want is for my citations to use the author-date style *but also* to have that information appear only in footnotes rather than in-text.
Here's an example of my current footnote citations in Chicago style:
"Dalton, “Responsibility for Health,” 368."
Here's an example of how I would like the footnote citations to appear:
"Dalton 2008, 368"
And, if the footnote contains a citation embedded in a sentence, I'd like for it to appear as follows:
“For instance, Smith (2008, 3) defends this view.”
I have been unable to find any Zotero citation style that is close to what I'm looking for. I have looked through different available styles in the Zotero repository. And I’ve also played around with the style editor. I haven’t been able to figure out how to do a simple author-date (without any further bibliographic information) in a footnote rather than in-text. (Btw, this is a fairly standard citation style used in books in my academic discipline, Philosophy.)
I'd be very grateful if anyone could advise on (a) whether there is an existing style that meets these criteria? And if there isn't, (b) could anyone please suggest code I might be able to use to modify an existing style (and suggestion on which style to use as a default)? Many thanks for any advice folks might have to offer!
Here's an example of my current footnote citations in Chicago style:
"Dalton, “Responsibility for Health,” 368."
Here's an example of how I would like the footnote citations to appear:
"Dalton 2008, 368"
And, if the footnote contains a citation embedded in a sentence, I'd like for it to appear as follows:
“For instance, Smith (2008, 3) defends this view.”
I have been unable to find any Zotero citation style that is close to what I'm looking for. I have looked through different available styles in the Zotero repository. And I’ve also played around with the style editor. I haven’t been able to figure out how to do a simple author-date (without any further bibliographic information) in a footnote rather than in-text. (Btw, this is a fairly standard citation style used in books in my academic discipline, Philosophy.)
I'd be very grateful if anyone could advise on (a) whether there is an existing style that meets these criteria? And if there isn't, (b) could anyone please suggest code I might be able to use to modify an existing style (and suggestion on which style to use as a default)? Many thanks for any advice folks might have to offer!
-
adamsmithLook at World Politics or International Organization
-
reknathWow, thank you SO much--that is exactly what I was looking for and it works perfectly!
Upgrade Storage