usability feature requests

When you work with Zotero every day, you wish it had a few improvements:

- Support F2 Keyboard shortcut for renaming collections

- when dragging a collection to a new folder, it should be moved, and not copied, at least leave the choice of copying (hold Ctrl at the time of dragging) or moving (hold shift)

- when importing, the import collection should be put at the place of the current selection in the browser tree

- when importing, ask a name for the collection or name the collection according to the filename

- order collections in the folder tree by correct ascending number (currently, 2000 comes before 3)

- possibility of batch importing
  • I'd like to add that when saving a reference using the icon in firefox's address bar, Zotero readily saves the item in the currently selected folder, so it's a bit odd that when importing items, they always appear in the root of the library (instead of the currently selected folder, which would be more practical).
  • Changing the import-reference behavior from placement in the library root to the selected folder would please me enormously -- as would the ability to batch assign journal abbreviations or the issn
  • batch edits are planned. I've found this quasi-historic ticket on it:
    https://www.zotero.org/trac/ticket/364
    but there have been later statements by developers if you search the forum.

I agree on the placement of imports - that never made sense to me.