“Zotero experienced an error updating your document” with Zotero 6.0.27

edited September 25, 2023
This discussion was created from comments split from: Zotero Integration Error after repeated troubleshooting.
  • omg this has worked!! 6.0.26 solves my problem. thank you

I began to have this issue two days ago, I tried change the language setting for word like many has suggested, and reinstalled zotero, but they didn't work.
  • @kinino: That's not a permanent fix, though — you can't stay on 6.0.26. If your computer has CrowdStrike software installed, you'll need to talk to your IT department and ask them to update the software to include this fix, as explained in the linked thread.
  • @dstillman I don't have crowdstrike software on my computer. The word app does not crash as mentioned in the other thread. I only experience integration error: Zotero experienced an error updating your document.
  • edited September 25, 2023
    Does it happen in a new, empty document with Zotero 6.0.27? Can you provide a Report ID after reproducing this?
  • @dstillman Yes, it happens in a new document with 6.0.27. I cannot proceed with any options (add citation, add bibliography, refresh) with out the aforementioned error. I did filed a report earlier but now I am using 6.0.26.
  • @dstillman by the way I tried all the troubleshooting options in the website but they did not work for 6.0.27.
  • edited September 26, 2023
    We need a Report ID after reproducing this to help further. You won't receive any further support on an old version, so you'll need to work with us to debug this in 6.0.27.
  • the report id is: D2065290954
  • It seems that you have renamed Word, or moved your Word installation. You should return Word to its original name and location: /Applications/Microsoft Word.app
  • @adomasven it worked! thanks!