Generate / add to tag group from citation editor in word

I'm working on a large scoping review. I'd like to create a matrix of what sources have been cited for which finding. I wondered if I could use tags but generate them from the citations already inserted into the report in word? Ideally, I just need to know if the citation is from 1 of 4 categories, which are tagged in Zotero already. Thanks for any tips/ advice!
  • You can use https://rintze.zelle.me/ref-extractor/ (check "Select in Zotero") to highlight the citations used in a Word doc in Zotero. If I understand you correctly, that'd work for your purposes?
  • Thanks, Adam, It's not quite, but that is a really useful site to know about! I want to be able to select the citations that are already being used specifically for a data point, add a unique tag to them and then see how many of them come from each of the 4 categories above. So if I have 20 citations in a grouping, I want to easily be able to know which ones/ how many of them are tagged as category 1/2/3 etc. Does that make sense?

For context, I'm basically just using filters on a massive Excel sheet to highlight the information I want and then I'm creating citation groupings in the report. I just want to be able to track these much more consistently rather than having to create the citation grouping, and then go back to Zotero and re-add a tag which is twice the work to me!