A solution for bibliography

I am a Macbook Air (2017) user. My work is done and I need a bibliography at the end. However, it seems like it will be an endless process. Is there a solution to avoid word crushes and time waste?

Thanks
  • Not sure what you mean. If you're experiencing a problem, you need to explain what exactly you're doing and what's happening. See Reporting Problems for the two things we need to help you.
  • In a work more than 250 pages, creating a bibliography does not work. Microsoft Word crushes. I tried it for shorter documents too. It works then but takes too much time.
    My question is very straightforward.
    Is there a way to create bibliography with ease.
  • Word crashes? Is it actually crashing — as in, closing completely — or is it just freezing? The current plugin for Mac Word is unfortunately quite slow, so in a very large document it could easily freeze for a while, potentially even an hour or more, and you'll just need to wait.
  • Freezing for hours. Thank you. I will click on “create bibliography” before I go to bed and see what happens in the morning. I thought maybe someone knows a sideway solution to this.
  • 250 pages with lots of citations per page will take at least a couple of hours with Word for Mac. Overnight is a good idea. Several of us switched to LibreOffice because of that. You cannot collaborate with Word users if you use LibreOffice (that will disastrously render the citation links inert). But you should know that everyone in my Mac-based workplace switched to LibreOffice and are pleased with the software performance.

Someone else should comment on this as I understand that very recently LO developers fixed a LO bug that caused problems with editing some Zotero citations in documents. If that is the case this will be wonderful for Mac users.