Managing Notes- Color Schemes, Definitions, Connecting highlighted phrases

How can you manage your annotations by color?

I see you can make your annotated notes into a full "item" note, but how would do it for a specific color? Ex: How do I make separate notes for annotations that are highlighted in red?

Another question: If I don't know a word, is there a way to look up the definition for that word in Zotero, without leaving the app.

Last question: How do you unhighlight a word or phrase? Can you connect separate phrases after they are highlight to organize your notes?
  • I'm assuming this is for Zotero Desktop. Functionality in the iOS app may differ a bit.
    Ex: How do I make separate notes for annotations that are highlighted in red?
    You can filter annotations by color on the left and then select all and add to Note.
    If I don't know a word, is there a way to look up the definition for that word in Zotero, without leaving the app.
    Not natively. I know there's a translate add-on, there might also be one with an English/English dictionary or so, but not sure
    Last question: How do you unhighlight a word or phrase? Can you connect separate phrases after they are highlight to organize your notes?
    You can delete a highlight using right-click delete (or delete it on the left), but you can't modify what's highlighted, so if you've highlighted to much or too little, you'd have to delete and re-insert.