Sync error: report ID: 286191897

When trying to sync (zot 2b7.6) on WinXP I get the following message:
"0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIFile.remove]"

WebDAV: Mydrive.ch with https.

I only get it on this computer at university, at home everything sync perfectly!
  • Upgraded to 2.0RC1, still same error message!
    Report ID: 652646430
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces this error?
  • Done:
    Debug ID is D1444751757

Thank you in advance!
  • We've never been able to reproduce this problem, but it may have something to do with having the Zotero data directory on a network share. Can you try temporarily copying your data directory to the local hard drive and pointing Zotero there?
  • My Firefox Portable is on a network drive. Never had any problems with that. Copy-pasted the zotero folder to local hard drive (temporarily), pointed zotero to this folder and tried syncing again: worked! So I guess zotero sync on this network drive is a no-go? That would be a pity...
  • Some people manage to pull off running Zotero over a network, but it depends entirely on the specific environment. In particular, different network shares have different locking behavior, which can affect Zotero in a number of ways. It's unlikely that this is something we could fix, though it might help (others, at least) to provide specifics on the type of share in use.
  • Ok, this is weird (but in a good way). After the successful sync, I copied the local zotero folder back to the network drive (and deleted the local folder). Made sure that zotero used the firefox profile again. Synced again: worked fine. Added a reference + pdf for testing purposes. Synced again: worked! After that, another sync (nothing was added), worked flawlessly. Added Debug output of the last sync for evaluation purposes.

Thanks for the help!
  • You wouldn't reproduce the problem that way. It would occur when you modified an existing attachment on another machine, such that the local one had to be deleted and replaced.