Issue with Zotero display on Mac

Hello,

I have been having issues with my Zotero v.6.0.27 Desktop Application on my MacOS Ventura 13.4.1 (22F82). Briefly, I am unable to read the items in my library because the background and text colour has changed. I am unable to explain this in a simple way, therefore I uploaded an image here: https://postimg.cc/qz1hcJyv

If you look at the image, you see that the bar on the left has the text in white against a light blue background (which is not that bad). However, if you look at the panel containing the items, the background of the entries alternate between those entries black background, white text (i.e. those I can read) with gray background, gray text (those I cannot read). I would like to fix the latter. In order to look at those gray-on-gray entries, I need to highlight them, which is not very convenient.

I searched for some time for a fix but to no avail because I am unsure if no one else has this issue or if I am simply not searching using the right words.

I'd appreciate if anyone can guide me on how to fix this issue.

• edited 23 days ago
    That’s due to some plugin you installed or some CSS that you applied manually in userChrome.css. See below.
  • edited May 15, 2024
    That's not it. Same problem here, installed a fresh Zotero on an M3 with OSX 14.4.1. Looks just the same.
  • Found the solution in an other thread:

Open Terminal, type or copy:

defaults delete -g NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance

Has something to do with apps that manipulate the dark mode or so.