Error when adding bibliography in Google Docs

After I have made some major copy/paste changes to a rather small document, I wanted to add a bibliography to this document, but this does not work.
Zotero Connector shows an error notification "Zotero experienced an error updating your document"
Report ID: 1341381798
Any recommendations?
  • [JavaScript Error: "Error: Non-fatal Google Docs Error: An error occurred while updating fields. ["00N39O"]
    Try disabling the Google Docs Offline browser extension and restarting your browser. If you're still having trouble after that, provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) from the Zotero Connector for an attempt that fails.
  • The issue persists after disabling the Google Docs Offline extension.
    Debug ID: D1608433604
  • Can you follow the Troubleshooting Errors in Word Processor Documents steps, produce a small snippet of the document where the issue is present and share it with support@zotero.org?
  • I followed up to step #7 "Isolate the problematic citations" and gave up on the approach when I could not isolate the problematic citations in either half of the document.
    The issue persisted even after deleting parts of the document.

Unfortunately, I cannot share any content.

I found a workaround in creating a new document and copy-pasting all the content.
    It's not an approach I would prefer, but seems to be the only way so far.