Zotero toolbar gone after OOo integration upgrade

A couple of hours ago I upgraded my OpenOffice integration to the latest release. Now my Zotero toolbar is gone. The following piece of advice did nothing to solve the issue, even after a system reboot:
If you've installed the OpenOffice plugin into Firefox but don't see the Zotero toolbar in OpenOffice, close OpenOffice and then, in Firefox, go to Tools→Add-ons→Extensions→Zotero OpenOffice Integration→Preferences and click “Reinstall OpenOffice components”. Then start OpenOffice and check for the toolbar.
  • Following Dan Stillman's recommendation in a possibly related thread, I set up a new Mozilla profile. This did not solve the issue, however. Downgrading the integration extension from 3.0b5 to 3.0b4 did not solve the issue either: the toolbar is gone.
  • Alright -- I managed to solve the problem: I simply renamed OOo's configuration directory (/home/anark/.openoffice.org) to something else, created a new, empty .openoffice.org directory and did the Tools→Add-ons→Extensions→Zotero OpenOffice Integration→Preferences and click “Reinstall OpenOffice components”. On re-starting OOo, all the config sub-directories were regenerated with the defaults, and the Zotero toolbar is working again.

This is on a Linux system. The OOo configs will be located elsewhere on other systems.