Problem in Word after installing Microsoft Word Add-In on Mac

I have a problem with the Word Add-In from Zotero. In Word I can't change the font in the ribbon of Word anymore because if I click on the dropdown for the fonts it's only show for a split second and directly disappears.

I have already deinstalled Zotero and Word with the tool Microsoft Office Reset to be sure it's all cleaned up and reinstalled. After the reinstall of Word it works fine before the install of the Zotero Word Add-In. Then I install the Zotero Word Add-In the error appears again.

I have installed Zotero Version 6.0.26 (since today 6.0.27), Word for Mac Version 16.77 and MacOS Ventura 13.5.1

Does anybody know this problem and probably also a solution?

Thanks in advanced!
  • We've never heard of anything like that, and the Zotero plugin doesn't do anything related to fonts.

This would fundamentally be a Word problem, but if you really think you can reproduce this, can you take a screen recording of 1) this working properly (e.g., after a reset), 2) installing the Zotero plugin, and 3) the problem occurring? You can then upload that somewhere (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and either provide a link here or email a link to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread.
  • Thanks for your quick reaction!

I was no able to reproduce the problem again and here is the link to the video: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/5tcjwy6o59ij3rnruzwib/Problem-Zotero-Word-Add-In.mov?rlkey=r6jsjlse226x8knjae0g2qzjj&dl=0

Please let me know if you can watch it and if it gives you enough information to understand the problem.