7.0 Beta: Middle-click not working!

I can't scroll down the PDF pages with the click of the scroll wheel of my mouse. That also affects the scrollability of Zoteros pdf-view when used in the tablet mode of my Surface 3.
  • What exactly happens when you try to scroll? It doesn't scroll at all?
  • When I click it nothing happens. When I click and hold it, the text that I move over gets highlighted.
  • I have also been troubled by this! Is there any solution?
  • Scrolling on a touch device will be fixed in the next update.

That could potentially fix the middle-click triggered scrolling issue, but no guarantees, because I wasn't able to reproduce it.

Let us know if the issue is fixed.
  • edited September 8, 2023
    I can reproduce the problem on a Windows 10 laptop, Zotero 7.0.0-beta.39+ecba25be0 (64-bit). I see the same with a MX Master 3 mouse or a basic Dell cabled mouse.
    Same also on Ubuntu 23.04.
    So it does not seem to be related to the touch device or the mouse type.

In Zotero 6.0.27 (tested on a virtual Windows 10 on the same computer), the click of the scroll wheel of the mouse triggers the scrolling circle.
    In Zotero Zotero 7.0.0-beta.39, it behaves the same as a normal left click. For example, it opens hyperlinks in the PDF file.
  • The Update just came in:
    7.0.0-beta.40+24ae34104 (64-bit)

Scrolling in tablet mode using touch input works just fine now! :)
    Scrolling by clicking the mouse-wheel is still not working... :(
  • I found this thread on a search.

I'm running Zotero 7.0.0-beta.60+91e1c6ca3 (64-bit).
    I also noticed I cannot auto-scroll by clicking the mouse-wheel.

Is there any workaround this?
  • I have the same problem, i cannot using scroll with my mouse-wheel, and my Zotero version is 7.0.0-beta.65+b047f3d90 (64-bit).

What' more, I tried to scroll from another computers, with someone using a remote control tools, and he succeded. So I doubt that this is not fully the problem of Zotero, maybe some problem else.

Before that, I use Zotero 6, and Scorlling is OK for any of my mouse, but now it fails(I tried at least 2 different brands of mouse wih USB and Blueteeth connections both)

Really weird, and willing to give more details if needed.
  • 7.0 Beta: Middle click doesn't work!
    I have the same problem, I can't scroll using the mouse wheel,
    my Zotero version is 7.0.0-beta.66+d0299a1ac (64-bit)
    Windows 10
  • Same issue! Im on 7.0.0-beta.68+c31a40c74 (64-bit) and middle click does not trigger the round scroll cursor!

I don't really know what's the problem but this is inconvenient as I am using trackpoint, now I have to press pg down/up or scroll using touchbar :(