User Interface of Zotero 7

Hi there,

Newbie here.

I have wanted to change to Zotero for a while but I have remained with EndNote because I love the user interface of Endnote.

Those of you who are using Zotero 7, could you please tell me if the user interface of Zotero 7 is more modern-looking? I am a very visual person and the user interface does make a difference to how I work.

I can't find Zotero 7 in the downloads section so a screen-shot or two would be very much appreciated :)

I love Zotero's function of being able to export highlighted text from a PDF - this is an amazing feature!

Thank you.
  • edited September 4, 2023
    The Zotero UI of version 7 beta is quite similar to version 6. That said, I came to Zotero from EndNote and I've come to love the Zotero "stacked view" interface version. I find this UI much more easy to work with swiftly than the way that EndNote works when editing records that I've downloaded from databases or publisher journal websites.

If you are only or primarily interested in an interface that you are calling "modern" maybe you should stay where you are. I view the current EndNote UI sacrifices easy access to fields that need to be edited for a "fancy" appearing screen. But you should know that Zotero has grown beyond a metadata capture and insertion tool. It is much more powerful and yet more flexible than EndNote. I'm sure that others here can answer any questions you may have in ways that are more detailed than I have with my post.
  • Thanks for your response.

The only feature Zoteroa has but EndNote doesn't, as per my needs, is the ability to export PDF highlights.

With respect, I have to say that the current user interface of Zotero is similar to what EndNote had about 20 years ago...with lots of bells and whistles, quite cluttered and untidy.