FFox 3.6 - personas

Related to the http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/10433/font-color-problem/
Personas do change menu font color or add shading to it and it also affects how the text is displayed within Zotero windows. Some personas also alter the color of Zotero window. But that's ok, that is just the way personas are.

There is one serious trouble with personas however - even if you choose one that does not play with your Zotero text/background, some of the textfields in the right column become inaccessible by mouse - when they are empty that is. Try adding a new book and you will see yourself. Once text string is added (you can use TAB to get to the field), the field becomes clickable as it should be.

Well, I am not a dev but I don't think there is much Zotero can do about it anyway, but maybe you can.

Reverting to the default theme eliminates the problem, naturally.

FFox 3.6/Win 7/Zotero 2.0b7.6
  • It is the same with RC2. Should I create a ticket or just leave it? Is is anything that could possibly be done about it or is it just between Firefox and Personas. Thanks.
  • I saw the same behavior when I was using Personas-- I eventually just turned it off. Now that Personas is part of Firefox proper, and not an add-on, I think that we should treat this as a Zotero bug to be worked on (or at least a bug for us to nail down so that it can be fixed in Firefox soon).

I should note, however, that this did not occur when I used the Mozilla Labs version of Personas with Firefox 3.5.x, but rather appeared only upon switching to Firefox 3.6 and its built-in Personas.