Website rejects Zotero save?

edited August 25, 2023
This hasn't happened before on this particular site...
Trying to save pages from https://mid.ru/.
Dropping URL onto Zotero app returns the following error:
"Request Rejected"
The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.
Your support ID is: < XXX2333333675397XXX>

...thoughts?
  • How exactly are you saving this? Dropping a URL onto Zotero isn't a workflow I recognize (generally, that page doesn't save much metadata, but it saves for me in Zotero).
  • edited August 25, 2023
  • edited August 25, 2023
  • edited August 25, 2023
    I'm using safari. The Zotero extension doesn't appear when visiting mid.ru. the only other way I know to save to Zotero is to drag link from safari to Zotero and drop onto a Zotero folder to trigger save. How should I save a page if I don't have the connector button visible in browser...?
    Java script is enabled in Safari...and just tested w Firefox and it still works.
    So what's up with Safari & Zotero? Any workaround? thx
  • I think you should have "Save to Zotero" available in the Right-click (ctrl+click) context menu in Safari. I'd expect that to work the same as the Save button in Firefox (generally, Safari's extension framework is less powerful than what's available in Firefox/Chrome/Edge), hence limited features.
  • More info: This drag and drop approach usually works for me, and I've never received a similar error message before. Other sites are saving fine using drag/drop.
    Attempting to uninstall/reinstall the extension I see a "Z" popup in the browser toolbar for a second, but then it goes away.
  • I actually checked for the rt click option -- not showing up when I select / rt click on the URL...
  • Not in the URL: anywhere in the page
  • wish I could share screen grabs... but even when rt click on page itself, no Zotero option. Yes, Zotero connector is checked/active...
  • Forget about dragging to Zotero — that's not a way you want to be saving anything.

See https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/safari_compatibility#can_t_see_the_save_button_save_button_flickering