Remove backlink to Zotero file when copying & pasting text from annotations

I'm working between Zotero and Scrivener, OSX.

When I copy quotes from my Zotero notes - on a PDF opened in Zotero - and paste them in Scrivener, it (almost) always includes the link to the Zotero item and linked PDF, which I really don't want.

I want to copy only the quote and the citation - which in the following example, is [Penfold, 2018, p. 55]

Example:
“ANC poets such as Keorapetse Kgositsile began to work alongside Black Consciousness laureates, for example Mongane Serote and Mandla Langa.” ([Penfold, 2018, p. 55](zotero://select/library/items/5EXLHZSE)) ([pdf](zotero://open-pdf/library/items/U6YZ8N4E?page=63&annotation=JDWV3SDJ))

Thanks for you help, folks. Haven't seen the answer anywhere else, apologies if it's buried somewhere in the forums.
  • Disable "Include Zotero Links" for Markdown from the Export pane of the settings.
  • Thanks, @dstillman.
    Unfortunately, I do already have this option disabled, both for Markdown and RTF/HTML.

I think the problem is that I am not trying to copy+paste the citation of the work itself (e.g. Command+Shift+C); instead, I'm copy+pasting a quote from the annotations of a note on the PDF. In the note itself it looks like this:

“Just under 3 years later Medu was effectively targeted by a South African Defence Force raid on the night of 14 June 1985, which resulted in the death of Mnyele and 11 others. Much cultural work was lost” (Penfold, 2017, p. 60)

But when pasted, includes the following, afterwards, and puts the whole thing in parentheses:
    ([Penfold, 2017, p. 60](zotero://select/library/items/5EXLHZSE)) ([pdf](zotero://open-pdf/library/items/U6YZ8N4E?page=68&annotation=VI8Z3IGJ))

Wish I could post a screenshot here.
  • edited August 23, 2023
    You can always upload a screenshot somewhere and post a link, but that's not necessary here.

It looks like this is a bug that's been around for a while and that you're the first to report. Basically, the "Include Zotero Links" settings don't currently apply to copying text from the note editor, only to copying either annotations from the reader or notes from the items list.

We'll fix this for a future version, but for now the workaround would be to just select the note in the items list and use Quick Copy on that. You'll get the full content instead of just a selection, but it'll honor your "Include Zotero Links" pref.

Thanks for letting us know.