Zotero Connector for DuckDuckGo browser?

Will there ever be a Zotero Connector for the DuckDuckGo browser?

I am prevented from using that browser for more than very occasional use because of this lack. I would consider making it my default browser if it had Zotero and maybe also Tree Style Tab, two extensions I really can't do without.

I would like to use the DuckDuckGo browser because it seems to offer more privacy, with less fuss and fidgeting, than either Firefox (my default browser) or Safari.
  • As far as I know the DDG browser doesn't even support extensions.

In any case, no, we support Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari. If a browser supports Chrome-style extensions, you can install the Chrome Connector. We have no plans to support other browsers, but I don't know of any other browsers with different extension frameworks anyway.
  • Ok, thanks for replying. (I guess I can try emailing DDG to ask if they will ever add extensions...)
  • FWIW, people have been using Brave with Zotero successfully and that's built around privacy as well.
  • edited August 22, 2023
    Also FWIW, the Zotero Connector generally works fine in both Firefox and Google Chrome when those browsers are set up with typical privacy extensions, eg Privacy Badger, NoScript, Adblock Plus, uBlock Origin, Ghostery, etc. Occasionally something may need to be unblocked on a particular journal site in order for the site to work. Of course people often have very different views on the relative risks to one's privacy on those two particular browsers in general. And of course one is often logged into one's university account or journal sites in one way or another in order to access paywalled PDFs. Unless one uses "alternative" methods of accessing PDFs.