How to save a reference for the European Pharmacopoeia?

Dear Zotero users

Are there anyone who can tell me how to save a reference for the Ph.Eur?
When I press the green plus button I dont get anything that catagories it like a monograf.

When I cite something I need it to come out in Vancouver style like these two examples:

Cite of Main Volume
Council of Europe. European Pharmacopoeia. 6th ed. Strasbourg: Council of
Europe; 2007. Paracetamol; p. 2611.

Cite of Supplement
Council of Europe. European Pharmacopoeia: supplement 6.1. 6th ed. Strasbourg:
Council of Europe; 2007. Ibuprofen; p. 3479.

Which catagori should I use?
  • hmmm
    I guess I would say book. But I'm not sure what to do about the specific article at the end...
  • This looks like a case where we could certainly use more flexibility in the Page/Book/Opus/etc. drop-down in the word processor plugins. If one option was "no prefix", then we could cover a case like this, which is similar to sub verbo in concept, but doesn't require (or allow) the text s.v.
  • but I figure this goes in the bibliography, no?
    Locator variables can't be added to the bibliography afaik.
  • You're right. If this needs to be in the bibliography with the article name, then all we can do is add another vote for mapping Encyclopedia Entry to its own type for CSL.
  • which I think should be done anyway, as our French colleagues have argued convincingly.
  • Thank you for your attention.

It doesn't do the job right with the choice of a "book section" or "book" as Type.

It puts it out like this:

1. Sterility [Internet]. In: European Pharmacopoeia. Strasbourg: Council of Europe; [cited 2010 Jan 21]. p. 2611.Available from: http://online6.edqm.eu/ep606/NetisUtils/srvrutil_getdoc.aspx/0L34rCpCoD5moC3OmCKKkQ7Hj/20601E.htm?ts=2jIAr9iJdx2Rjs0h5DDNp0iXQMWQJ3rkWKU2l3Jaq4w~cCWua128O9bNRGakYsNxc-GXgUVPwJdbYvnwZXOtYmQmaJ0G5w-zzq9y0

1. Sterility [Internet]. Strasbourg: Council of Europe; [cited 2010 Jan 21]. Available from: http://online6.edqm.eu/ep606/NetisUtils/srvrutil_getdoc.aspx/0L34rCpCoD5moC3OmCKKkQ7Hj/20601E.htm?ts=2jIAr9iJdx2Rjs0h5DDNp0iXQMWQJ3rkWKU2l3Jaq4w~cCWua128O9bNRGakYsNxc-GXgUVPwJdbYvnwZXOtYmQmaJ0G5w-zzq9y0

Is it possible to build a personal type and design how to bibliograf it?
    I image something like a option to export all in Vancouver and have some exeptions for some types to be exported in your own way.
  • well, not really - you can modify Vancouver style, but you can't just specify that it doesn't apply to some exceptions.
    The reason this looks completely wrong, though, is that you have a URL in the citation. It really shouldn't be there unless you want to treat this as an online source - the link should be attached rather then included in the URL. Also it looks like the publication doesn't have a date.
    "European Pharmacopoeia" should be in the title field.
    "Council of Europe" should also be in the author field (which is currently apparently empty).

With these things corrected you'll get to:
    Council of Europe. European Pharmacopoeia. 6th ed. Strasbourg: Council of
    Europe; 2007.

As we discuss above, there is no way to get "Ibuprofen; p. 3479." in the citation at the moment. I suggest you do that by hand in your word document at the end of your editing process.
  • Thank you for the help - the reason for getting the URL was because I had used the "Create Net Item from Current Page" function. I deleted that and filled it out as in your guide and now get this for the type "Book":

1. Council of Europe. European Pharmacopoeia. 6th ed. Strasbourg: 2007.

This is much better... but I have about 20 citations for this book (different sections). So it will become a huge work..

I get really close if I use the "Book section" type which gives me this:

1. Council of Europe. European Pharmacopoeia. Strasbourg: 2007. p. 3479.

I think I can solve the problem in some way by doing this:

1. Council of Europe. European Pharmacopoeia. In: BOOK TITLE. Strasbourg: PUBLISHER; 2007. p. TEXT IN PAGE FIELD; p. 3479.

Then I will insert "supplement 6.1" in the "Book title" field.
    Then "Council of Europe" in the "Book Title" field.
    And type this in the "Ibuprofen; p. 3479" in the "Page" field.

This gives me this by drag-and-drop:

1. Council of Europe. European Pharmacopoeia. In: supplement 6.1. Strasbourg: Council of Europe; 2007. p. Ibuprofen; p. 3479.

Which means that I only have to delete the "p. " to get it to look like this:

Council of Europe. European Pharmacopoeia: supplement 6.1. 6th ed. Strasbourg:
    Council of Europe; 2007. Ibuprofen; p. 3479.

I believe that the "in: " would not be a problem.
  • I just discovered a problem with this method..

You can see the problem here:
    http://i10.servimg.com/u/f10/14/50/77/86/zotero10.png

The problem is that I can't easy differentiate the citations from on and another when they are all from the European Pharmacopoeia.

The only solution to this is to use the search box.. But would be nice to have the "Short title" as a way to index