Disable highlight bar from showing when selecting text

Greetings!
I'm creating this discussion in hopes to find a setting or plugin that would disable the highlight bar from showing when I select text on the PDF viewer. I lose the line a lot when I'm reading so I have a habit of selecting and deselecting the text I'm reading. The feature I'm requesting is an accessibility setting that probably not many need. The highlight bar is distracting and hides the next line that I try to read (I select the text I've read so far, so the next line is the line to be read but highlight bar is obstructing it). I also find myself accidentally clicking the highlight bar sometimes.
Thanks a lot for this amazing software.

Image for reference:
https://imgur.com/a/C1ITUes
  • We'll consider adding a pref for this.
  • Thank you very much!
  • Any update on this issue? I also need this feature.
  • I have the exact same problem (I have a learning impairment and also read by highlighting each sentence as I go). It would be great if we had an accessibility feature to disable the highlight bubble/pop-up that appears whenever I highlight text (It blocks the following sentence, so even having the highlight pop-up on the margin of the page would solve the problem). Thanks!
  • I am also wishing for the ability to turn off this highlight color popup menu when selecting text. It is distracting and it blocks other text until I click out. I made a new discussion about the feature request before being directed to this thread. https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/112506

I agree that this may be considered an accessibility issue.
  • I agree with the original poster. Typically, I highlight a line to allow me to know which line I am reading. Sometime, after reading some ideas, I need to search for more information about them, and temporarily put Zotero in the background. The popup appearing when highlighting is a little annoying (not much, but still). It would be great if the popup can be disabled. Even greater if it is embedded in the right click menu on the highlighted text.