Zotero Connector - Twitter/X translator seems broken

I get the message:
"An error occurred saving with Twitter. Attempting to save using Embedded Metadata instead."

Indeed some of the fields are filled out, but the Title is generic, e.g. "The Wall Street Journal on X". No Author Field filled in.

I've tried both the "Update" and "Reset" buttons in the Translator Extension Advanced Prefs, to no avail.

Perhaps of interest:
I can correctly save a Twitter item using my iPhone Zotero App to the Zotero online storage, unlike the desktop app.

Any help appreciated.

Browsers tried: Chrome, Brave
macOS 13.4.1
Zotero 6.0.26

  • On it, thanks.
  • Fixed. Your Zotero Connector should auto-update within 24 hours, or you can update manually by clicking Update Translators in the Advanced pane of the Zotero Connector preferences.
  • Thank you! I did in fact update the connector translators and it no longer throws up the error.

    However, the Twitter translator used to designate the Title field as the actual text of the Tweet. This was very useful, as now it is just calls each item "X", and when displaying records in Zotero, one just sees a series of "X" entires, with the text of the tweet nowhere to be found.

    Hopefully this makes sense, and a big thank you again.

  • Sorry, try updating again. That was a mistake in my first patch that should be fixed now.
  • It works!

    No reason to apologize, it's rather quite impressive how quickly it was fixed.

    Thanks again.
  • Works here, too, after I forced the translator update. Thanks for the fix.

Sign In or Register to comment.