Request: Make it easier to hide/show the sidebar on the right in library view when window is narrow

Hi,

When Zotero is narrow, e.g. taking up half the screen (so I can have my notes program open in the other half), annotating PDFs is perfect, especially since the buttons to show the sidebars are very accessible.

However, when I switch to the library mode (if that's what it's called?) two thirds of the space is taken up by the two sidebars. This makes reading the titles or authors a little difficult.

I know I can drag the sidebar via its borders, but this then also carries over to when I maximize the window. And then it's a bit finicky to pull the sidebar back out.

Would it be possible to introduce a button like in the PDF reading mode to just open and shut the sidebar? That way it would be easier to read the database entries.

I was originally going to ask for a plugin like this one for Obsidian (https://github.com/NomarCub/obsidian-hide-sidebars-on-window-resize) that does it automatically based on window width, but I'd settle for a button haha

• View → Layout → Item Pane
  • Cool, that's good to know. But is there maybe a shortcut to doing that?
  • Nothing built-in currently. On macOS you can assign a shortcut key to any menu item in System Settings → Keyboard → Keyboard Shortcuts… → App Shortcuts.
  • Hm, I wonder if Linux Mint has something like that. I'll have to check. Anyways, thanks for the advice!!