Translations lost?

I planned to post it in the Babelzilla forums, but I figured I will post first here as such a suggestion was in the automated mail I received.
stakats, the developer/maintainer of Zotero has updated the extension and requests you to check/add your localization.
You may use this link to go directly to the extension.
[...] and please don\'t hesitate to contact me or http://forums.zotero.org for assistance with the translation.
I noticed, that all my translations (for Zotero Estonian (Estonia) [et-EE]) have reverted back to English. I did translate all strings into Estonian for the previous version and now started to translate new strings discovering to my horror that all my previous work is lost. Is that expected and beyond hope or is it still possible to retrieve the previous translations?

Regards,
MF
  • It looks like we had a glitch at BabelZilla. I've contacted an admin there for assistance, and I'll keep you posted. Do you happen to have a local copy of the strings? Perhaps a copy you downloaded to test your translations?
  • Regrettably, I have no copy stored. I should have made one, I realize now...
  • Errr, maybe other translators should be warned about this via e-mail. I have been translating during the last weekend (done!) and noticed loss of a few strings, but things appear to be complete now. I immediately downloaded everything after reading about so called "glitch"
  • This would only have occurred during the upgrade on BZ from Zotero 1.0 to 2.0 (barring the requisite few minutes during each upgrade between our downloading the latest strings and uploading any new ones).
  • Should I (or someone else) then start translating all over again, or is there still some hope to recover the old translations?