I would like to exclude "Edition" and "Original Date" from bibliography

Hi! I am using Chicago 17 (author-date). I know that in order to exclude items from a bibliography, you have to modify CSL. I have already done that for doi and series (my faculty do not want those).

I struggle to find what to delete for the edition and original date. Zotero often downloads information with things like "18th Impressum" and "reprinted", etc. And for the original date of publication (located in the "Extra" field), some journals want it, others do not. So, I would like to keep the information in Zotero but have a "modified" version of the style where they are omitted.

Thank you!
  • P.S. I forgot to say that while I managed to exclude the Series, I could not exclude the series number.
  • The CSL variables you are looking for are “edition” and “original-date”. If you search for those and delete them similar to what you have done for collection-title and DOI, you should be fine
  • I did try it, and it works for "original-date", but "edition" has many different entries and if I delete lines with 'text variable="edition', (3 in total), the CSL Validator says there are two errors.

Also, I do not know what to delete for the series number.