Zotero extension erro msg

Why do I sometimes get this error msg when trying to add a paper to my Zotero via safari zotern extension..."An error occurred while saving this item. Try again, and if the issue persists see Getting Help for more information." Even if I close the tab, re-open it, or refresh the page, I still get the error. It happened trying to save this paper https://bit.ly/3rAvu6h AFTER clicking on 'view pdf'. It only seems to happen when the viewing the paper (and other papers) on a safari tab as a pdf, but saves ok when not viewing the paper as a pdf - any clues why this happens?
  • For an error saving a PDF directly, we'd want to see a Debug ID from Zotero for the save attempt.
  • Thanks, here it is D83268476
  • Downloaded PDF was not a PDF
    Yeah, so unfortunately we're not currently able to save PDFs from Safari on some sites with stricter anti-bot protections — notably ScienceDirect — due to limitations of Safari's extensions framework. For now, you'll need to save from Chrome, Firefox, or Edge or download the PDF to disk and drag it to Zotero.
  • Yes thats what I do thanks, it would be fantatic to be able to do that eventually. Many thanks for your excellent and very quick responses. Loving Zotero, best thing I I did switching from Mendeley several years ago.