Zotero timeline does not display email subject

I am doing a project that references a bunch of old emails. I am inputting email using the (obviously) email item type. These types do not have a Title, but they do have a subject line.

However, when I run a timeline, I see the email items, but they do not display any information about the item. So I see only the email icon.

Is this a bug, or do I not understand how timelines work?
  • I left another message on Discussion "Clarification about Timelines" but apparently that was removed as a double post with this one. My apologies, but with no response here I was not sure if this was received or noted. I do have some additional information regarding this matter.

It is possibly the fact that email has a heading called "Subject" and Simile is only looking for fields called "Title". If I change an email entry to a traditional letter, then title replaces subject, and then this is displayed in the timeline. No data is lost, and when I switch back to type = email then the text disappears from the timeline.

For purposes of my project, I can do this as a hack, but it may make sense to send to Timeline the subject as title.

Anyway just looking forward to a response!

Thanks
  • This will be fixed later today in the next Zotero 7 beta. Thanks for reporting.
  • Very happy to report that Beta 7 resolved this issue: my email subject headings are now displaying on timeline! Thanks for quick turnaround