Adding and Searching Tags in Zotero PDF Reader
Hello,
I would like to understand how to customize my settings for adding and searching tags while in the Zotero PDF view
For e.g. I have two tags titled 'Computation Model' and 'Model Abstractions'. While a PDF is open in the reader, I click the menu on the right, select the 'Tags' tab and the 'Add' button. When I type the letter 'M', I expect it to show me both the tags, but it only shows the 'Model Abstractions' Tag, and not the other. This also happens even if I type the word 'Model', the Tag list shows no dropdown to allow me to select 'Computation Model', only 'Model Abstractions'. Is there a way to ensure I see all tags which match my search string? It is quite difficult when you have multiple tags and need to keep revisiting the main page and see what are the exact terms for your tags
Thanks in advance for your help!
System details -
OS - Windows 11
Zotero - 6.0.26
No extra add-ons installed except the default integration with Office
I would like to understand how to customize my settings for adding and searching tags while in the Zotero PDF view
For e.g. I have two tags titled 'Computation Model' and 'Model Abstractions'. While a PDF is open in the reader, I click the menu on the right, select the 'Tags' tab and the 'Add' button. When I type the letter 'M', I expect it to show me both the tags, but it only shows the 'Model Abstractions' Tag, and not the other. This also happens even if I type the word 'Model', the Tag list shows no dropdown to allow me to select 'Computation Model', only 'Model Abstractions'. Is there a way to ensure I see all tags which match my search string? It is quite difficult when you have multiple tags and need to keep revisiting the main page and see what are the exact terms for your tags
Thanks in advance for your help!
System details -
OS - Windows 11
Zotero - 6.0.26
No extra add-ons installed except the default integration with Office
-
adamsmithCurrently, all tags anywhere in Zotero are searched left-bounded (i.e. what you type is only matched against the beginning of the tag) for performance reasons. There have been some other conversations around this (mostly generically and not about the PDF reader), but I don't believe any changes on this are particularly close.
-
AJoshThank you for your reply, I understand. Are there any add-ons I can use in the meantime, given it may be a while before such a functionality appears in Zotero?
Upgrade Storage