Working through VPN

I access most of my research databases from home via my University's VPN. However, the secure-connection icon at the end of the address bar always supplants the notecard icon that I'm supposed to click to add new resources to my collection. This means I am unable to add any new resources unless I do so manually. Any help for how to get around this would be much appreciated.
  • It's not that the secure connection icon is supplanting the Zotero icon—merely that Zotero isn't detecting the site you're on due to the VPN. What are some example URLs for sites when you're connected that way?
  • Sorry, I should have been clearer that I realized that what you suggest was the most likely reason. I was just trying to describe as accurately as possible how the problem looked in case it was something else. As for what I've had problems with--EBSCO databases, Google books, Google Scholar. Pretty much every resource I've tried.
  • Yes, but what it are some example URLs in your Location bar when you're accessing these sites?
  • Here's an example:

https://vpn.uconn.edu/ehost/,DanaInfo=web.ebscohost.com+results?vid=3&hid=112&sid=f032dd82-d247-4e12-8f94-4962fb16353e%40sessionmgr9
  • I've started running into people on other VPNs that are having the same issues. Something about certain VPNs (not all of them, though) does not jive with Zotero.
  • rengrad, I am also having the same problem after my university switched to a web based vpn client. My workaround is logging on with the older system vpn that used an application. It looks like the url corresponds to the web-based vpn client (Juniper Networks).
This discussion has been closed.