Component returned failure code report ID 1136934796

Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIFile.remove]

Happened this morning, Restarting doesn't help.
cannot past the full report as too long.
zotero for windows 7.0.0-beta.17+8017b2ab1 (32-bit); no extensions enabled. I havez connector for chrome installed tho. However, despite the error message, zotero synced all the papers I added yesterday on a different PC and a paper just added showed up in my library online on zotero.com, thus the error doesn't affect me so far
  • [JavaScript Error: "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIZipReader.close]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage/storageLocal.js" line: 796}]
    [JavaScript Error: "Download request 1/SUUUEZ2N failed"]
    (We never need or want the full report, just the Report ID. We'll excerpt any relevant parts.)

This would be a file-syncing error. Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync that triggers it?
  • thanks for the quick reply
    Debug ID is D434757631
  • PS If I go to settings and verify the server I get the message "File sync is successfully set up."
  • (3)(+0000002): Saving https://[…]@webdav.[…].com/[…]/xios/zotero/T2BRW82Q.zip

(3)(+0000000): Finished download of C:\Users\[…]\Zotero\tmp\T2BRW82Q.tmp

(2)(+0000015): T2BRW82Q.tmp is not a valid ZIP file
    Zotero seems to think that T2BRW82Q.zip and many others aren't valid ZIP files. You can check whether that's the case. This could probably also be due to security software on your system preventing Zotero from reading the downloaded file properly.