Word for Mac, no publication date visible on editor

Hi. I am using a Mac and having trouble with the editor function on the plugin. When the pane comes up to select the reference, the dates of publication do not appear. This is crucial for me as there may be several editions or translated versions of the same book. I'd be grateful for advice
  • edited July 7, 2023
    You can use the classic version of the add-citation dialog (toggle in the Cite tabe of the Zotero preferences).
    Edit: That said, the date should really appear in the quick format dialog as well. You're sure it's entered correctly in Zotero (in the "Date" field)?
  • Thank you for the quick help. I have searched and can't find a way to change anything although I am using classic view - it only shows title and author.
    Yes, all the dates are entered correctly. It generates references for bibliographies without problems.
    Unfortunately I can't post a screenshot.
  • In classic view you can add additional columns by right-clicking (ctrl+click depending on your setup) on the column headers.
  • Thank you so much. Bad day for common sense!
  • edited July 8, 2023
    Unfortunately I can't post a screenshot.
    You can take a screenshot, upload it somewhere (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.), and provide a link here.

The default citation dialog certainly displays years in the search results if entered correctly on the items. There's no reason you would need to use the classic dialog for that.
  • Good to know, thanks. The right click solved it!
  • Oh, you were asking about the classic dialog the whole time — that was your whole question. Be sure to say when that’s the case, since we’re going to assume you’re using the default citation dialog otherwise.