Secondary Citation in Zotero

Does Zotero offer the possibility to automatically format a secondary citation? Like 'cited as' and if so, how do I create them correctly in the literature management?

Best regards
Felix
  • I’m not sure what you mean exactly? Can you give a full reference showing what you mean?
  • Secondary citations are usually
    (Smith 1776 as cited by Marx 1891).

There's two ways of doing this. I prefer to just use "Smith 1776 as cited by" as a prefix in the citation. That way Smith 1776 (which you haven't actually consulted) isn't listed in the list of references.
    If you do want it in the list of references (which, again, I think is questionable practice), you'd create a citation with both Smith 1776 and Marx 1891 and use "as cite by" as a prefix for Marx.
    https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_usage#customizing_cites
  • Thank you Adam for the quick answer and the two possible solutions. But if I understand correctly, there is no possibility in Zotero itself to store this link between both, is that right?
  • Can I add a secondary citation in my Word document from Zotero? Please provide help.
  • @Arorasumedha: This is answered above. If you have a follow-up question, you'd have to say more.