Not working with BioOne

I successfully grabbed citations from EBSCOHost and ScienceDirect just minutes before I tried an article from BioOne. When I click the icon, I get an error that says,

Could not save item. An error occurred...check known translator issues.

The error report says [JavaScript Error: "DOI Translator: could not find DOI" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/translate.js" line: 896}]

The url is http://www.bioone.org/doi/full/10.1603/0046-225X%282007%2936%5B1457%3ACOWTPB%5D2.0.CO%3B2

(I don't know if that's helpful.) Error report ID is 1971499395. Ideas?
  • BioOne doesn't actually have a Zotero translator like EBSCO and ScienceDirect. Zotero just tries to look up the DOI - in this case the DOI isn't valid - it doesn't work on CrossRef either - so there's nothing Zotero can do (except, of course, if someone were to write a translator for BioOne)
  • So should BioOne still be on the compatible sites list? Several items from BioOne couldn't be saved. Thanks for your reply. I'm not up on all the translator issues - I just really like to use zotero for bibliographic work.
  • There is a BioOne translator. If it's not triggering, then there was likely a site change and the translator needs to be updated.
  • tried out a bunch of articles, never triggers BioOne, only the DOI translator
  • edited March 2, 2010
    Hi. I have no problem adding items from BioOne. However, I can't get the PDFs automatically added (my preferences are correct, and it works elsewhere). Here is an example page: http://www.bioone.org/doi/full/10.1554/02-595
    That was the article I was originally trying to get, but I tried a few others, and did not get any PDFs.

Edit: Just noticed, hovering the cursor does indeed reveal Zotero is using the DOI translator on BioOne. Perhaps that is the cause of my PDF problem as well?
  • edited March 2, 2010
    Edit: Just noticed, hovering the cursor does indeed reveal Zotero is using the DOI translator on BioOne. Perhaps that is the cause of my PDF problem as well?
    yes

edit: there is a pretty old ticket for this.
  • Thanks. I have no idea how these translators work, so I'll avoid BioOne or otherwise work around the issue for now.