Bibliography formatting

In my style, authors in footnotes are in italic (via macro author). In the bibliography, I like authors to be bold and in normal style.

I used this code:
<group font-style="normal" font-weight="bold">
<text macro="author"/>
</group>

Authors are then bold, but also still italic. How can I output authors in the bibliography in normal (not italic)?

I also tried to output the bibliography with other spacings:
<bibliography line-spacing="2" entry-spacing="3">

In Word, line spacing is still normal (1.0) for both, even after deleting and re-inserting the bibliography. Can this be fixed?
  • 1. Not without a different author macro -- lower level settings (i.e. within the macro) override higher level ones (i.e. on the group)

2. Have you tried switching to a different style and back?
  • 1. How could I do that? I use OSCOLA style.

2. yes, it also doesn't help.
  • 1. You've modified your version of the OSCOLA style, so hard to say in detail, but basically you'd want one macro (say "author-note") that puts authors in italics and is called under citation and another ("author") that puts them in bold and gets called from under bibliography.

2. Again, hard to say in the abstract. Does this seem to work in the style editor in Zotero (under Tools --> Developer)?
  • Switching to a different style and back worked for me! Even if it didn't work initially when I hit "Refresh". Thank you!