Feature request: QR code URL sharing (esp. in iOS app)

I often want to quickly share a paper URL from my phone with somebody I meet at a conference. But when I tap and hold the URL in the paper's info section in the Zotero iOS app, it only gives me the option to copy to clipboard. A general sharing menu, or a "generate QR code" would be great there.
  • Maybe this is a good enough substitute: you can create a QR code generator for anything in the clipboard by using the Shortcuts app that came with your iOS:

Open the Shortcuts app.
    Tap the + sign on the top right
    Tap the "Add action" button
    Type "clipboard" in the search box
    Tap on "Get clipboard"
    Type "qr" in the search box
    Tap on "generate QR code"
    Type "display" in the search box
    Tap on "Show result" (you might have to scroll down a bit)

At this point you created a shortcut that turns whatever text in the clipboard into a QR code and displays it. You could stop here, but it's named "show result", so let's rename it:
    Tap on the topmost line, which currently says "show result".
    On the resulting menu, tap on "rename".
    Type "Create QR code from clipboard"
    Tap on "Done" in the keyboard
    Tap on "Done" on the top right

The shortcut is ready to use, though it's inside of the Shortcuts app. If you also want it as an independent app in your home screen:
    Long-tap on the "Create QR code from clipboard" shortcut
    Tap on "Share"
    Tap on "Add to Home screen"

Done.

This could be done a couple of steps shorter, but in this way it's easier to see what's going on and you might find it's easy to do more stuff. Shortcuts is great.
  • Thank you @hmijail. I had actually done exactly this. But it would still be more convenient if long-tapping the link would show the share option.