Cannot communiate with Firefox

When attempting to add a citation using the Zotero toolbar within OpenOffice Writer I receive the following error message:
“OpenOffice could not communicate with Zotero. Please ensure Firefox is open and try again.” I also get a similar message when attempting to use MS Word 2003.

System:
Windows XP
Open Office 3.1.1
Zotero 2.0b7.6
O/O Integration 3.0a5

For OpenOffice,
based on info from forums, I used the following command line:

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -silent -ZoteroIntegrationAgent OpenOffice -ZoteroIntegrationCommand addCitation

If Firefox is closed and I use the command line above, then I get the following error message:
“Firefox could not load the component required to communicate with your word processor. Please ensure that the appropriate Firefox extension is installed, then try again”

If I open Firefox first, and then use the command line, I am allowed to insert the citation; but still cannot use the toolbar.

For MS Word:
used the following command line: “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” -silent -ZoteroIntegrationAgent WinWord -ZoteroIntegrationCommand addCitation

Using the command line, I can add a citation with Firefox closed and open; but it will not work using Zotero toolbar in Word

the command line works, but it would be nice to simply use the toolbar .