Zotero 7 beta - Word cannot communicate

Have tried 7 beta on 2 Windows 11 computers (Office 365) and get the same error: "Word could not communicate with Zotero. Please ensure Zotero is running and try again". I have re-installed from Settings/Cite, I have deleted Zotero.dotm and manually added, nothing allows it to connect (on either computer). Rolling back to the last 6 beta works fine.
  • edited June 5, 2023
    Did you delete Zotero.dotm from the Word Startup folder, restart Word to confirm that it was gone completely, and then reinstall it from the Zotero 7 settings (or manually from the installation folder)? The most likely cause of this would be having an outdated Zotero.dotm in Word.

Can you provide a Report ID after triggering the error?
  • I did delete Zotero.dotm and restarted word - the plugin was successfully removed. I reinstalled manually from the install folder, and also tried reinstalling from the Settings/Cite menu. Always had the same error. No Report ID as nothing was coming through to Zotero, no connection with Word is made. I have gone back to Zotero 6 as I need the Word integration right now.
  • We still need a Report ID for any bug report.
  • Same error, also in window 11 with office 365.
  • @duetttt: We would need the same information from you.