Problem with transcribed name of the author

I'm using Chicago 17th (author-date) style. Serbian language transcribes personal names. I'm using both bibliography in Serbian and in English (you can already guess where the problem is).

For example, transcribed name of Immanuel Kant in Serbian is Imanuel Kant, and so my entry, when I point to literature in both languages is

(Imanuel Kant 1990, 305; Immanuel Kant 2003, 31).

In other words, Zotero regards transcribed name as two different authors, and because they bot have the last name "Kant", it has to insert their first name to differentiate.

For other names it's not so problematic. For Fichte it's "Fihte", or if the translation is also in Cyrillic it's "Фихте", e.g. (Fichte 1999; Фихте 1976, 47).

Can I tell Zotero that it is one and the same person? I don't want to edit citation manually because it will stop it from updating in the future.
  • No, sorry, no way to designate authors with differently spelled names as the same author at this time (no idea if it's going to happen eventually -- there are other use cases -- but I highly doubt it's going to happen any time soon)
  • Understandable, have a great day.