Citation error

I have two papers from the same year cited in the same chapter written by the same primary author. I'm using University of Leeds - Harvard citation style (though I also have the same error with the Harvard citation style).

In the text, it is citing both papers exactly the same (incorrectly):
(Christopher E Cox et al., 2007)

And this is how they appear in the reference list:
Cox, Christopher E, Carson, S.S., Govert, J. a, Chelluri, L. and Sanders, G.D. 2007. An Economic Evaluation of Prolonged Mechanical Ventilation. Crit Care Med. 35(8), pp.1918–1927.
Cox, Christopher E., Carson, S.S., Lindquist, J.H., Olsen, M.K., Govert, J.A., Chelluri, L., and the Quality of Life After Mechanical Ventilation in the Aged (QOL-MV) Investigators 2007. Differences in one-year health outcomes and resource utilization by definition of prolonged mechanical ventilation: a prospective cohort study. Critical Care. 11(1), p.R9.

As far as I can see, the citations are correctly stored in Zotero. Any idea why it is presenting the in-text citation wrongly or how I fix it?
Thank you
  • These output for me like so: (Cox, Carson, Lindquist, et al., 2007; Cox, Carson, Govert, et al., 2007)

Cox, C.E., Carson, S.S., Govert, J.A., Chelluri, L. and Sanders, G.D. 2007. An economic evaluation of prolonged mechanical ventilation. Critical Care Medicine. 35(8), pp.1918–1927.
    Cox, C.E., Carson, S.S., Lindquist, J.H., Olsen, M.K., Govert, J.A., Chelluri, L., and Quality of Life After Mechanical Ventilation in the Aged (QOL-MV) Investigators 2007. Differences in one-year health outcomes and resource utilization by definition of prolonged mechanical ventilation: a prospective cohort study. Critical Care (London, England). 11(1), p.R9.

That it spells out the first name indicates that the names are not entered correctly in Zotero.

• edited June 5, 2023
    The names aren't entered incorrectly, per se, but not the same way: you have Christopher E. and Chistopher E without period.
  • Thank you both for looking at this for me. Changing the formatting of the names has fixed the problem. Thank you :)