Word in-text citation - prompt for reviewing previous modifications
Hello,
Almost every time when I re-open my Word document to add a new in-text citation, I am prompted to review all the previous in-text citations I modified in the same Word document.
The prompt says: "You have modified this citation since Zotero generated it. Do you want to keep your modifications and prevent future updates?"
Is there a way to disable these warnings, please? These prompts are a little time-consuming when working on big chapters with lots of citations.
Many thanks,
Elif
Almost every time when I re-open my Word document to add a new in-text citation, I am prompted to review all the previous in-text citations I modified in the same Word document.
The prompt says: "You have modified this citation since Zotero generated it. Do you want to keep your modifications and prevent future updates?"
Is there a way to disable these warnings, please? These prompts are a little time-consuming when working on big chapters with lots of citations.
Many thanks,
Elif
Upgrade Storage
If you really want to make that many manual changes, you'll need to either say Yes for every citation you change or unlink citations and stop using Zotero in this document. There's no chance we'll offer an option to turn this warning off — the whole point of using the word processor plugin is to let it keep your citations updated and correct.
Thank you so much for your quick and detailed response. This was very helpful. I was directly typing things or changing things in the citation fields in Word (e.g., suffixes and prefixes). I didn't know you can edit those through the plug-in. This is actually awesome!
Many thanks,
Elif