Zotero beta 7.7 doen's install "Zotero.dotm"

With the new beta 7.7 I don't get the required template for Word for Mac. Any help quickly would be great!!
  • Beta 6 seems to work.
  • edited May 30, 2023
    No, there are no differences between beta 6 and beta 7 related to this in any way.
  • Went back to beta 6 and got dotm fine. Will wait til Im done with this project before trying the upgrade to beta 7
  • edited May 31, 2023
    Again, you're misunderstanding this. There were no changes related to word processor integration between between beta 6 and beta 7. Whatever you did when you went back to beta 6 would've worked in beta 7 too.

And regardless, once Zotero.dotm is installed in Word, it will stay there. If you're in the middle of a project, you probably shouldn't be running beta software at all, but if you are, you certainly should continue to update to newer betas, which will only continue to get more stable, and you should believe us when we tell you things about how the software works.
  • I believe you, but would ask you to believe me when I say it vanished!! May have been a bad move on my part -- honestly can't remember since I was in a bit of a frenzy. Overall software works great! Running beta since I'm on Mac Catalina and Safari integration not there with standard Z on the Catalina OS.
    Cheers
  • edited May 31, 2023
    I don't know what "it vanished" means. If you want to debug something, we can do that — see Reporting Problems for what we would need. I'm just telling you it had nothing to do with the beta version you were on, and there's no reason you can't upgrade to beta 7 now and continue working.