iPad: Unable to Display Document

edited May 29, 2023
Hello, I am having a lot of problems with my Zotero iPad app syncing with the desktop app. I am getting a lot of "Unable to Display Document". When I run the debug there are about 43 outputs. I have deleted and reinstalled the app. What's the next move? Thanks.
  • edited May 28, 2023
    Can you provide a Debug ID for trying to open a file that doesn't work?
  • Hello.
    The Debug ID is D1349432344

Thank you
  • AttachmentDownloader: open local file D5ALU58S
    [WARNING] Zotero(+0000103): AnnotationsViewController: trying to reload empty document
    Is your iPad low on space?

Can you go to the app settings (back from the collections view and then gear icon), go to Local Storage, tap Delete All Local Attachment Files, and then provide another Debug ID for trying to open that file?
  • edited May 29, 2023
    (Also, it's helpful to use a more descriptive thread title when posting here. I've updated your title.)
  • Great thank you. I have a lot of space on my iPad - Used 25GB, Total 64 GB
    My new Debug ID is D199487643

Looking forward to next steps.
  • I'm not totally sure what this is? That seems to be an hour of logging? The Debug ID should cover only a few seconds, as you attempt to open a single file after using Delete All Local Attachment Files.
  • I just ran it again, the Debug ID is D7564495.
    Thanks
  • I'm afraid there's still just nothing in there.

Can you make a screen recording that shows what you're doing and what's happening and email it (or a link to it) to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread? Be sure to include running Delete All Local Attachment Files and then trying to open a file and getting the "Unable to Display Document" error.
  • edited June 5, 2023
    @caseyhe: Right, so you're not actually logging your opening the file — you're submitting the output before actually performing any relevant steps. See the instructions again and provide another Debug ID that covers reproducing the problem.